Monday, February 23, 2015

I changed it again!!


Okay, this is it. I am not changing it again, I promise. I'll close this one down and start a new one before I change it.  I haven't posted here since I changed the name from having 2nd grade in it. Since I have little control over what I teach every year so I wanted to change this name and my newly soon to be opened TPT Store will both be Going Frananas!  I'll spruce the blog up soon with a cutesy Going Frananas look so it will all be coordinated but this will do for now.

I hope to get back to posting regularly like I planned. I recently have been reflecting on what has been so different and challenging this year.  I think I didn't give myself enough "credit" for a lack of better things to say about the impact of losing two of my best friends in 2014.  My friend, Melinda, passed in July after a lingering battle with the effects of colon cancer surgery. I am so relieved she is no longer in pain but I miss her so much. Then in October I lost another great friend, Deb. I knew Deb since I was a tween like 11 or 12 years old. I miss both of these angels in my life.  When I have something challenging or even something great I want to share with someone I think of them. I know they know what's happening but you know it's just not the same.  So, I won't go into anymore details here but I've decided I need to give myself a break and stop being so hard on myself. Of course I'm not like I used to be I never will be. But I also have to get myself composed and find a way that I can go on and be myself despite these two grand losses in my life.  I feel it happening....now I just have to let it.

Well, that was a little more personal than I had intended to get but sometimes it just really helps to get it out there and hear it myself!  Thanks for lending the ear!

Blessings,

Ms. Fran (Going Frananas)