Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Adding Tens with Hundreds Chart Task Cards

Hello All,

Well, Spring Break is making me quite productive.  I have been looking ahead to plan for my class and as I was getting materials ready I thought others might be able to use them as well. It is my goal to offer activities that help teachers and are fun but authentic learning experiences.

We are working on adding multiples of 10 to 2 digit numbers.  We're gearing up for that independent two digit by two digit addition and eventually regrouping. I remember in 2nd grade last year this was challenging for them.  So, I am trying to make products I feel will help scaffold my firsties through these steps for a good foundation.

Here's what I came up with:





Click to go to the store!!



This is not a large set but it's enough for 15-20 minutes practice.  Not only are there practice problems but the skill is applied in 6 word problems. I don't know about you but over 9 years I have yet to have a class no matter what level they are at that has not struggled with word problems. They can never get enough practice.  Well, I think you'll like the price this set is only $2.

Please leave comments here, feedback on TPT, pin it to pinterest, like it on facebook.  The more you support these products the more others will know about them and hopefully teaching will be a little easier for all of us!

Happy Adding,

Ms. Francisco

No comments:

Post a Comment