Friday, March 20, 2015

Is Money in your Curriculum for First Graders?

Hello All,

Money is not on our curriculum map but we are teaching it because it's on the SAT 10 test that students will be taking in a few weeks. I can't believe how close it is getting.

I am preparing some products about money for my class and I will be posting them in my store soon. When we did time I got a game Clocks in a row by Jennifer Elliott. It's actually a freebie in her store and my kids just loved it.  Here's the link to her store.  So, I made a money game like this.  There is a game board with money amounts and then there are cards with the coins on them. The kids will draw a card and tell the amount on it.  If they get it right they cover the square with their color of chip.  I have included an answer sheet by Card number so the other partner can check and see if they are right. This should help them practice authentically and not practice wrong amounts.

So, keep an eye out for this game in my store!


It's not there yet I have a few more touches to it!  I also am working on a matching card set and some worksheets with some matching and also some word problems..  I will probably put them in separate and then bundle them so you can get them at a discount.

Click the preview above to go to my TPT store.

What do you do with your students to help them learn the coin amounts and how to count the coins?  I would love to hear what you do in your classroom.

Thanks,

Ms. Francisco

No comments:

Post a Comment